Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Creative 50th Birthday Party Ideas
When most people turn 50, they love to party! In our experience, this is one of the most fun birthday parties as the birthday girl or boy loves to cut loose and really play up! Here are some creative 50th Birthday Party Ideas for celebrating a 50th birthday party in fun or style, or fun style!
- Try a 1950's themed party. You could go two ways here - firstly you could do an old fashioned glamorous movie theme based around Marilyn Monroe and James Dean, or you could have a fun Grease style theme with the Prom as your major influence.
- Does the birthday boy or girl have a great sense of humour? What about an Over the Hill themed party! You could decorate this party like you would Halloween - mock tombstones, scary themed decor, and lots of references to death in a humorous and light hearted way.
- Anyone celebrating their 50th birthday from 2010 - 2019 would have been born in the 1960s, and what a decade that was! Celebrate with a 1960's themed party - ask your guests to dress up in 60s themed clothes, and theme your decorations around hippies, tie die, Twiggi, The Beatles and other iconic 1960's images. Play some great 60s tunes, serve some retro themed food and you have a fabulous 60's themed party for your 60 year old!
- 50th milestones are usually celebrated with gold. Theme your whole party around the colour and metal gold - glittering decorations, sparkling gold invitations, a shimmering birthday cake. Gold is a stunning party decorations colour so you will be able to decorate in style.
- If your 50 year old birthday boy or girl loves to party, why not host 50 days of celebrations! Not all of them need to be huge parties, but if you are the best friends of partner of the guest of honour - 50 days of fun would be a sensational way to show how much you care. Hosting intimate celebrations at home, going away for weekends with your partner, workplace celebrations - all culminating in a big 50th birthday bash with all of your friends. Wow, what a way to celebrate!
- 50th birthdays are great for adult themed celebrations. Why not try a murder mystery party, a casino themed party or a swanky black tie ball. You can serve up a beautiful themed dinner party for a small number of guests with a caterer to make your budget stretch further but still get an elegant feeling for your event.
- Surprise parties are great for milestone celebrations. Don't forget to follow our great ideas for hosting the perfect surprise party!
Here are some great quotes about turning fifty years old that might help inspire your imagination for creating a wonderful 50th birthday party:
- At age 50, everyone has the face he deserves."
- "The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life."
- "Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle."
- "They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body."
Whatever you decide to do to celebrate your 50th birthday party, Australia's leading online party shop, Pink Frosting, is brimming with 50th birthday party decorations and party supplies to help bring your 50th birthday party to life.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.