Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Creating a Bridal Shower or Kitchen Tea Budget
So, you've been asked to host a bridal shower for the bride to be - where do you start? Follow our simple bridal shower budget guide to creating a simple but stunning shower for the bride and you're on your way to party perfection!
Firstly, start by gathering information from the bride. Find out how many guests she would like to attend and determine whether she has a theme in mind. This knowledge will help you not only set the budget but make sure that you're organising a bridal shower that the bride will enjoy immensely!
Secondly, establish who is going to pay for the shower. As the host, are you going to be 100% responsible for all shower bills? Or will the bridesmaids and family chip in too? Come up with a budget that suits you and anyone else who will be contributing. Once you've determined a budget for the party, you can then start to allocate certain expenses such as decorations, catering and games.
Thirdly, make a list of all the areas you need to spend on to create a great bridal shower. Here are the general areas you will need to consider:
- Venue - will you hire a venue or host the shower at your home?
- Invitations and Stationery - will you buy bridal shower invitations, send e-invites or have invitations specially made?
- Catering and Drinks - will you have a caterer or cook yourself? Will you ask guests to bring a plate? Will you serve alcohol? As a general rule, catering and drinks will eat up (excuse the pun) about half of your budget.
- Party Supplies - will you need to hire catering equipment such as plates and glasses, or will you buy bridal shower party supplies online?
- Games and Activities - what will you do at the shower? If you're having games, what prizes and bridal shower favours will you need?
- Decorations - how will you decorate the shower? Consider buying your bridal shower decorations online for stunning ideas and budget finds.
- Music - what music will you have at the party? Will you rely on your iPod, or will you have hired musicians if it's a larger soiree?
Lastely, keep track of your expenses throughout your planning process. Try keeping a little spreadsheet or a notebook with your expenses to make sure you're on track and not overspending. Keep receipts and make notes of them if you're sharing expenses - the last thing you want to do is have an argument with anyone else involved in planning the bridal shower about who is responsible for paying or how much an item cost.
Lastly, have fun! You can find some gorgeous bridal shower ideas to try right here and remember that a bridal shower is often the last time a bride will celebrate with her family and friends before the big day, so creating some fun is paramount for everyone!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.