Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Coconut Ice Party Recipe
Delicious and sweet, coconut ice reminds us of old fashioned parties. Our decadent recipe is perfect for serving at Christmas, children's birthday parties, adult tea parties, bridal and baby showers and other afternoon tea celebrations. Serve with a sweet cup of tea, milkshake or lemonade for a yummy party food, or package up your coconut ice into pretty party bags for the perfect party favour.
2 cups of pure icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
3 1/2 cups of dessicated coconut
395g can of sweetened condensed milk
pink food colouring (or other colours of your choice - coconut ice looks great in pastel colours like soft blue, green, pink and white)
- Line the base and sides of a 20 x 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Sift cream of tartar and icing sugar into a large bowl. Add coconut and condensed milk. Stir well until completely combined.
- If you want to create two colours, then seperate your mixture at this point into two seperate bowls. Add drops of food colouring to the bowls until you have the desired colour.
- Press the mixture into the pan, levelling with a spatula. If you want to create a layered look, start with one colour, then when flat, spoon and flatten the next colour on top. If you want to have two seperate colours, place one colour in one half of the tray and the other colour in the other half of the tray, seperating with baking paper.
- Refrigerate overnight until firm. Cut into small squares and store in an airtight container.
Shop for beautiful coordinating party supplies such as napkins, cups, cutlery and plates as well as table cloths and centrepieces, and your party bags and containers if you are giving coconut ice as a gift, at Australia's leading online party shop, Pink Frosting.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.