Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Chocolate Crackles Recipe
Chocolate crackles are such a party staple that Aussie kids almost expect to see them at birthday parties - and why not? They're delicious for kids and easy to make for Mums! Here is our best Chocolate Crackle recipe for you to try at your next birthday party.
4 cups of Rice Bubbles (Kelloggs or equivalent brand - for extra chocolatey crackles, you can also try Coco Pops or equivalent)
1 cup icing sug sifted well
1 cup dessicated coconut
3 table spoons powdered cooking cocoa
250g Copha (see the refrigerated section of your supermarket around the margarine and butter)
- Line a 12 muffin tray with pretty cupcake baking cups in the theme of your choice.
- Place Copha chopped into a small saucepan and melt on a medium heat until all melted. Allow to cool slightly as you measure out the dry ingredients.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the Copha and mix carefully through the dry ingredients. You want to try and preserve the Rice Bubbles and not squash them.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases with an icecream scoop or large mixing spoon.
- Place the tray into the refrigerator for at least an hour (preferrably overnight) to allow the Copha to set.
You can change the colour of your chocolate crackles by substituting Strawberry or other flavoured "Quik" for the cocoa. The end result will be slightly sweeter but you will have a different colour and taste to the traditional chocolate crackles.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.