Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
Bling, bling and more bling! If you can’t flaunt your ice on your wedding day, then when can you?
- Engagement ring. Ah! The (almost) essential wedding day bling! Normally switched to your right hand during the wedding ceremony, your engagement ring is put on your left hand after the ceremony after your wedding ring (with the romantic notion that the wedder is closer to your heart).
- Wedding ring. The wedding ring is that one piece of jewellery that is essential to your wedding day!
- Tiaras and headbands. According to leading international bridal accessories designer, Justine Murray, who owns Justine M Couture and The Tiara Room, we’re seeing a shift from the full, heavy tiara to a more subtle soft headband or hair ornament/comb look. “Elements such as shells, feathers, velvet, ribbons, filigree and organic pieces are being combined in very interesting ways to create something new and exciting. Although silver colours and sparkle will never go out of fashion, gold and champagne colours are back in full force, at least for now!”
- Earrings. From tiny pearl studs, to long shoulder dusters, earrings can be such an elegant feature. Ms Polkadot from Polkadot Bride suggests that brides wearing a necklace and tiara should choose smaller earrings. “Too much of a good thing is always too much of a good thing!” she says. If you are wearing no other jewellery - go all out and be ornate as you like!
- Bracelets. Perfect to add as a little extra glitz if you’re staying simple with accessories. A thick, bold sparkling cuff can make a bold statement with a simple gown, whereas classic pearls can scream old world glamour and looks beautiful with a more ornate lace gown.
- Necklaces. From an ornate choker to a simple beaded creation, a necklace is a great way to make a feature of your décolletage. Ms Polkadot suggests a bold necklace can suit a strapless gown while a simple strand of sparkle or pearls will add elegance and simplicity, allowing your gown to take centre stage. “Perhaps you could wear a necklace incorporating your birthstones, or borrow a beautiful piece from someone special to add meaning to your wedding ensemble.”
- Watches. A watch is an unusual wedding accessory choice, but may be a lovely touch - especially if the watch is a family heirloom or has special meaning to you. Try going for a metal watch with a dainty feel rather than a heavy leather band watch.
- Brooches. A perfect way to bring attention to something you want to feature - on your dress or pinned into your hair a brooch can look modern or vintage, bold or feminine and dainty. For something different, the stones in your brooch could pick up colours of your bouquet or wedding colour palette.
Pink Frosting's online wedding shop has a beautiful selection of wedding day jewellery for the bride and her bridesmaids which are an easy, elegant way to add the perfect finishing touch to your wedding day style.
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.