Thanks Australia! Pink Frosting has decorated 300,000 Australian weddings, parties & events
Basics for Perfect Party Cupcakes
If you’re organising a party of any kind, there isn’t a nicer treat for your guests than a beautifully presented cupcake. Of course, we am a little biased towards these little morsels of great taste and fun (just look at the Pink Frosting logo!), but cupcakes truly are an easy way to create a beautiful cake presentation for your celebration. In our party presentation ideas, we will continue to look at beautiful ways to style up your party without too much investment in time or money – after all, most of our customers at Pink Frosting’s online party shop are busy, busy, busy and want to create a celebration that looks spectacular without spending days tinkering away making crafts.
To present a gorgeous cupcake for your party, first start with a standard cupcake. This is the best basic recipe:
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 x 59g eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan. Alternatively, line holes with paper cases. Combine flour and caster sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture. Using a large metal spoon, stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Once your cupcakes are cool, frost them with a swirly buttercream. Here’s our easy how to create a swirly buttercream top on your cupcakes demonstration.
Now you’re ready to present the cupcakes and make them suit your theme. No matter what you are celebrating, Pink Frosting’s cupcake decorations shop has a huge range of themed cupcake toppers, decorations, racks and presentation stands, and cupcake wrappers to suit your style.
Using cupcake wrappers is so simple! They come flat packed, so take one end of the wrapper with each hand and hug the wrapper around the cupcake until the ends meet. Then loop the smaller end through the slit (outside to inside so you’re hiding the ends) and you have a beautifully wrapped cupcake! From there, you can place your cupcakes into a cupcake rack or stand for beautiful presentation instead of a cake, or if you’re using the cupcakes as favours, carefully place the cupcakes into a cupcake box and tie a coordinating ribbon around it’s centre. Perfection and it only took about an hour from start to finish.
Wedding Ideas & Party Planning
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Christmas and Holidays
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.