Australia's BIGGEST Weddings & Party Sale STARTS NOW! Hurry, while stock lasts! >Shop Now
She'll Soon See Her Feet Again Baby Shower Spa Party Theme
Poor mum-to-be is about to burst and she's lost the ability to reach her toes to polish and primp before she gives birth. Celebrate her baby shower with a "she'll soon see her feet again" spa party where her tootsies are pampered, her toenails are painted and everyone enjoys some relaxation and fun together before the big day. To make this shower work, try to recreate the luxury of your favourite day spa right in your own home.
First, decide where you want to host a spa party. Many day spa facilities will host a spa party provided you have a minimum number of guests, and reserve both the treatments and the facility in advance. The spa may shut shop for an evening and let you host your shower after hours, giving you discount rates for the group, or set aside certain treatment rooms just for your use. Otherwise, you could decide to host the party at home and hire a mobile spa treatment service; or thirdly, you could do it yourself and create the treatments yourself at home.
Decorating and styling
No matter where you decide to host the party, the main concern will be creating that relaxing atmosphere you experience the moment you set foot in a day spa. Here are a few pointers for setting the scene:
- Candles, candles, candles. Choose either unscented candles or all in one scent (otherwise you risk creating a distinct pong, rather than a perfectly scented atmosphere) and dot them all around your venue. Flickering candlelight is one of the main tricks used by day spas to get you in the mood for pampering.
- Hang paper lanterns and fairy lights to create a relaxing, natural feeling without overwhelming the senses.
- Play soothing music. Set your iPod to play the most relaxing instrumental music you can find. There's an impressive amount of relaxation music to choose from that isn't just Enya!
- Add fresh flowers, rose petals and natural stones tol make you instantly feel grounded, relaxed and happy.
- Offer your guests the best fluffy towels and robes you can find. Hang terry cloth robes with a name tag pinned for each guests near the bathroom for changing, and provide a place for your friends to lay their clothing, shoes and bags away from their attention during the party.
- Move all but the most comfortable seating out of the room you're holding the spa shower in. Place large fluffy pillows and rugs on the floor and, if possible, bring in day beds and chunky ottomans so everyone can be comfortable in the one space at the one time.
Food and drinks
Serve pitchers of fresh water with citrus, berries and ice. Also, ensure that you have plenty of icy cold tall drinking glasses on hand at all times for vegetable juices, mineral water and citrus infused waters. Have constant pots of warm herbal teas in many flavours (especially ginger and lemon for the guest of honour) on the go throughout the party.
Healthy snacks such as freshly cut fruit, crudités, natural nuts and sushi should be available for guests to munch on at all times - pampering is hard work, after all! More substantial meals could include steamed fish and vegetables, fresh fruit smoothies and vegetable juices.
Favours and thank you gifts
Send guests home with their very own pedicure kit. Pink Frosting's miniature pedicure and manicure kits can also be personalised to create a truly unique thank you gift for guests. Other pampering gift ideas include personalised hand creams, personalised lip balms or an engraved compact mirror if you have a limitless budget!
Wedding Ideas &
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Cakes & Baking
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.