Thanks Australia! Pink Frosting has decorated 300,000 Australian weddings, parties & events
10 Best Kids Party Drinks
So you thought that kids party drinks were just juices and soft drinks? No way! There is a plethora of delicious and gorgeous looking party drinks for kids that suit your theme and will be adored by all of your birthday party guests. Here are our ten best kids party drink ideas for you to try:
- Fruit Punch - not just for grown ups, a tropical fruit punch will be adored by your guests. Simply add a big bottle (usually 4 litres) of a tropical fruit juice such as mango or pineapple juice to a 1 litre bottle of lemonade or lemon squash in a large punch bowl. Chop up colourful fruit into small pieces - try banana, kiwi, pineapple, and strawberries, and some ice. Ladel the punch into tropical themed party cups for kids and add a little party umbrella for extra beachy flavour.
- Fruit Smoothie - A healthy alternative to a milkshake, try blending 1 litre of milk with two tablespoons of honey, some fruit flavoured yoghurt, some chopped banana and a two scoops of vanilla icecream for a creamy yummy flavour.
- Ice Cream Floats - Such a yummy and beautiful party drink! Start with a pretty see-through parfait or milkshake glass. Fill about 3/4 of the way with your favourite softdrink - we love Creaming Soda for this drink with it's old fashioned kids party taste. Gently add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the top and watch the fizz rise!
- Homemade Lemonade - Delicious homemade lemonade is a treat the kids won't forget. Here's how to make it - add one cup of caster sugar to one cup of water in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Once it has cooled, add one cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Just before serving, add 3 cups of soda water and lots of ice. Serve in a large jug with wedges of cut lemon.
- Iced Chocolate - Iced chocolate is a yummy treat for your party guests, perfect for sipping and slurping on when you have an entertainer or have a sit down area for the kids to relax in. To make, simply blend 3 tablespoons of drinking chocolate with 6 cups of milk and 6 large scoops of chocolate icecream. To the bottom of the glasses, add a squirt of chocolate sauce and then pour in the blended milk mixture leaving about three centremetres at the top of the glass. Carefully drop in a small scoop of chocolate icecream, whipped cream to cover and dust with a sprinkle of drinking chocolate or cinnamon sugar. Serve immediately with a straw and parfait spoon.
- Healthy Berry Thickshake - Most birthday parties fit for a princess demand some pink drinks and this one is our favourite for pleasing Mum's love of healthy food and kid's love of tasty treats. Simply blend together 600g of frozen mixed berries with 6 cups of milk and 12 large scoops of frozen yoghurt. Once creamy, serve in glass shake glasses with chopped strawberries on top and an extra dollop of yoghurt if you like.
- Foaming Wizard's Brew - We picked this amazing drink up from Food Ideas magazine in 2005 and it has become a winner at almost every boy's birthday party and Halloween celebration since. Make this devilish brew by placing 1 scoop ice-cream into base of 10 clear, sturdy cups. Drizzle 1 tablespoon green cordial over each ice-cream scoop. Slowly pour lemonade over ice-cream. Fill each cup as much as you can, then, as froth subsides, go back and top up. Top each drink with green and blue sprinkles. Add straws. Serve immediately.
- Hot Chocolate - Perfect for parties held in winter or for sleepovers. Master the perfect hot chocolate and your guests will be putty in your hands! To serve six guests, heat 9 cups of milk in a saucepan, once warm add 500g broken milk chocolate. Stir the pan over a medium heat constantly until the chocolate has melted. Pour into your cups and add a few marshmallows, and top with some cinnamon sugar. Allow to cool slightly before serving to small kids - older kids and adults will want a warmer version.
- Jungle Juice - Another great Food Ideas magazine concoction. This time for summery and jungle themed parties. Chop up 1/2 pineapple into 2cm cubes. Place in the base of a large serving jug. Add 750ml bottle of soda water, 2 cups of chilled orange juice and 1/4 cup of lime cordial. Stir and add a ice to chill.
- Strawberry Milkshake - This crowd favourite tastes delicious and looks perfectly celebratory! To serve 8 guests, in a blender add 8 cups of milk to 500g strawberries, 8 tablespoons of strawberry topping, and 8 large scoops of strawberry icecream. Blend until creamy. Serve immediately with straws in tall glasses.
No matter what drinks you decide to serve at your kids party, you can shop for beautiful coordinating party supplies such as napkins, cups, cutlery and plates as well as table cloths and centrepieces at Australia's leading online party shop, Pink Frosting.
Wedding Ideas & Party Planning
- Wedding Planning & Budgets
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup
- Wedding Shoes
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Beauty
- Wedding Themes
- Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding & Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Vows & Readings
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding Bomboniere & Favours
- Wedding Traditions and Etiquette
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Photos & Photographers
- Wedding Music
- Flower Girls & Page Boys
- Engagement Party
- Wedding Anniversary
- Birthday Parties
- Kids Parties
- Adult Parties & Entertaining
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers & Kitchen Teas
- Christmas and Holidays
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for the Pink Frosting newsletter for the latest product arrivals, inspiring ideas for your events and sale alerts.